Hey everyone! It feels like forever since we’ve last posted a baking post for you all! We miss them and are going to start posting them monthly! There are so many amazing vegetables and produce from the garden and at the markets this season we like to incorporate and use when we are baking. This recipe is the perfect transition into fall before we hit the pumpkin flavoured everything baking season. This loaf is seriously amazing, even if you don’t like zucchini – it’s such a muted flavour you can barely taste it and in our eyes it’s healthy for you lol! There was such a big. Zucchini in the garden, only half of one made three whole loaves. That goes to show how easy they are to bake. If you try out this recipe, please let us know how you like it – we’d love to know. Below are photos, ingredients, and directions. We hope you enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Original Spread
- 1 & 1/1 cups of shredded zucchini (about 1 medium sized one from the grocery store)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat egg and Miracle Whip in large bowl with whisk until blended; stir in zucchini. Mix remaining ingredients in separate. Bowl until blended. Add to zucchini. Mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Pour into 8×4-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake 50 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. (personally, increased time to 60 mins for best results)
- Cool bread in pan for 10 min, remove from pan to wire rack, cool completely.